New York court releases emails between sex criminals Epstein and Maxwell

0
6


A New York court released emails between sex criminal Jeffrey Epstein and suspected ex-girlfriend Ghislaine Maxwell. The correspondence published on Thursday evening (local time) shows that the two were still in contact in 2015 – although Maxwell’s lawyers had previously asserted that their client had not heard from Epstein for at least ten years.

“You haven’t done anything wrong, and I want you to do the same,” Epstein wrote to his ex-girlfriend in January 2015 when further allegations of sexual abuse against him became known. “Get out of the house, head held high, not like a fleeing convict. Go to parties, cope with it.”

Epstein is said to have sexually abused underage girls and young women for years and instigated sex with his rich friends. The highly networked investment banker was arrested in July 2019 and found dead in his Manhattan prison cell in August. According to the U.S. Department of Justice, the 66-year-old committed suicide.

Maxwell is suspected of having recruited underage girls for Epstein, who were then sexually abused by the investment banker. The 58-year-old is said to have partly been involved in the abuse himself. The youngest victim was 14 years old, according to prosecutors. The trial of Maxwell is scheduled to begin in July next year.

The emails now released are related to a defamation lawsuit against alleged Epstein victim Virginia Giuffre against Maxwell. In her submission, Giuffre stated that Maxwell was the one who drove her into prostitution: “It is she who abused me regularly. It is she who recruited me, told me what I had to do, me as Sex slave trained, physically and mentally abused me. “

Giuffre testified that at Epstein’s bidding in 2001 he had sex with British prince Andrew when he was 17. Prince Andrew denies that. The investigation is ongoing.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here