FC Barcelona President Josep Bartomeu (57) has sharply criticized professional Arthur (23), who has been on strike for days. “What Arthur does is simply not possible and is disrespectful to the club, but also to his colleagues who are highly motivated to go far in the Champions League,” said Bartomeu in an interview with the Catalan daily Sport.
Arthur had not recently returned to Barcelona after the short break and said that he would not play for the club in the rest of the season. Bartomeu described this behavior as “undisciplined”, “incomprehensible” and “unjustifiable”. Barca hosted the SSC Napoli in the second-leg second leg second leg (Saturday, 9pm). In the first leg they had split 1: 1.
The Brazilian international had “a certain importance for the team” and “could certainly have helped us,” added the Barca boss. “He called and said: ‘I’m not coming anymore, I’m staying in Brazil.’ Nobody gave him permission to do it, and that’s why we’re going to take legal action against it. “
Arthur: strike as return carriage after deal with Pjanic?
Arthur’s contract in Barcelona officially runs until 2024. However, several weeks ago his move to the Italian champions Juventus was completed, where he hires after the end of the season and receives a new five-year contract.
During the transfer, there had been disagreements between Barca and him. Arthur supposedly didn’t want to move to Turin at all.
Champions League: An overview of the quarter-finals
|game||Team 1||Team 2|
|Quarter-finals 1||Real Madrid/Manchester City||Lyon/Juventus|
|Quarter-finals 2nd||RB Leipzig||Atletico Madrid|
|Quarter-finals 3rd||Naples / Barcelona||Chelsea/Bayern|
|Quarter-finals 4th||Atalanta Bergamo||Paris Saint Germain|