Erling Braut Haaland (20) got off to a sensational start to the Bundesliga season when he scored two goals against Borussia Mönchengladbach on Saturday.
Borussia Dortmund won 3-0, and especially the second goal created wild excitement. Haaland sprinted from 16 meters to 16 meters, before he got a perfect pass from Jadon Sancho and knocked the ball into goal.
Right after the match, he received an incredible message:
– Someone came up to me and said that I had broken the world record in 100 meters. At first I believed in it, the Norwegian says in an interview with the local newspaper Ruhr Nachrichten.
See the score below.
– During the sprint, I felt that it went very fast. I did athletics as a child. It paid off now.
For the record: No world record was set. It still has Usain Bolt – set in 2009 – and sounds at 9.58.
Haaland has posted the 3-0 score on Instagram.
– The Speeeeed, he writes.
Ruhr Nachrichten has today published a longer interview with the Norwegian. This is so experienced, that sports director Sascha Klaverkamp has come out with a message to readers.
Borussia Dortmund star Erling Haaland is known for his short answers. That is not the case in this large and exclusive interview with Ruhr Nachrichten. For you, we have an XXL version, Klaverkamp writes in an email to readers.
About the short answers, for which he has become famous, Haaland answers:
– If you ask me what the weather is like, I answer “good”. It’s as simple as that. It all depends on the questions, regardless of the language.
In just one year, Haaland has become known as a target machine worldwide. Even Real Madrid – the giant from the Estadio Santiago Bernabéu – should be very interested.
In the last two international matches against Austria and Northern Ireland, he also proved to be a goal scorer for Norway.
In the interview, he is confronted with a statement from Martin Ødegaard, that he remembers every single goal he has scored.
– I am obsessed with scoring goals, he says.
– To check your memory: In the first match for Borussia Dortmund you won 5-3 over Augsburg (Haaland scored three times). Who gave you the goal-scoring passes?
– They came from Jadon Sancho, Thorgan Hazard and Marco Reus.
Haaland thrives in Borussia Dortmund, a club that is desperate to win the Bundesliga again. In the last 24 hours, he has been joined by another Norwegian, Alexander Sørloth.
Trønderen told a press conference today that he and Haaland have had contact before the transfer to RB Leipzig.
– I talked to dad and Erling, said Sørloth.
In other words, there are now two potential top scorers in the Bundesliga with a Norwegian passport.
– Now they are two! Sørloth does as Haaland does and wants to conquer Germany, writes Dagbladet’s paper newspaper today.
Sørloth scored 33 goals for Trabzonspor in Turkey last season. After the relegation to Crystal Palace, he has something to prove in a big league again.
But the 24-year-old is ready. And hungry.
The fun can start.