Ian Wright was not gracious towards Manchester United’s stoppers after the loss against Crystal Palace, and believes Solskjær must focus on getting a defender.
Manchester United got off to the worst possible start to the season, when Crystal Palace became too strong at Old Trafford on Saturday night.
Roy Hodgson’s men took advantage of mistakes by the home team, and went back to London with a strong 3-1 victory.
Also read: Neville warns Solskjær and United – encourages the club to take action in the transfer market
In retrospect, the criticism has not been long in coming from various quarters, and now a former Arsenal star is throwing himself on the wave.
Ian Wright was a goal-scorer and took advantage of weak defensive play even when he was active for Arsenal and Crystal Palace, among others.
Now he thinks there is cause for concern for Ole Gunnar Solskjær’s men.
– For me, it is obvious that you put your attacking game against Harry Maguire and Victor Lindelöf as much as possible, Wright tells Premier League Productions.
Read also: Now the Premier League is becoming much more expensive
He further believes that there should be no doubt about which position the big club must strengthen.
– People talk about attacking players having to come in, but right now they have to turn their focus towards the midfield. They need to start figuring out how to solve that problem there.
– Stop talking about Sancho
According to Wright, it can be difficult with titles as the United team is now.
– It is simply not good enough, if you are going to fight for things. Lindelöf and Maguire, are not good enough.
The former Arsenal striker does not see the point in bringing in offensive strike force, with the problems one has behind.
– What’s the point of talking about Jadon Sancho? If one were to get up with Sancho, but still end up with two midfielders being played around by Crystal Palace, he concludes.