Gary Neville has taken to Twitter to vent his frustration over Manchester United’s disappointing transfer market.
Gary Neville has repeatedly expressed his displeasure over Manchester United’s lack of action this summer, and as the transfer window nears its end, the United legend will once again attack his former club.
Among other things, he believes that it is “terrible” that United have not managed to bring in more players when the other top clubs in the Premier League have managed it.
– It is terrible that in this market, which is probably the easiest in Premier League history to make transitions, that United have not done more yet, Neville writes on Twitter. He also lists the positions he believes Manchester United must strengthen.
READ ALSO: Van de Beek agent reacts to Solskjær’s choice: – Do not like it at all
– They must give Ole a midfielder, left back and attacking player before the deadline. The others manage to get things done, why can’t United manage it? asks the former right-back.
Only picked up one player
In this summer’s transfer window, Manchester United have only brought in one player, Donny van de Beek from Ajax.
Compared to other top clubs in the Premier League, it is quite small. Chelsea have been the most active of the biggest English teams, and have brought in as many as seven players. Liverpool, Manchester City and Tottenham have also received several reinforcements, with three, four and five new players respectively.
But it has not been rumored about new acquisitions for Old Trafford. Jadon Sancho has clearly been a transfer target for United, but according to reports from several media, United should not be willing to pay what Borussia Dortmund wants for the player.
Recently, Porto’s left-back Alex Telles in particular has been rumored to Manchester, along with Ousmane Dembele in recent days. But so far nothing has been confirmed.
ALSO READ: Jens Petter Hauge on medical test in Milan
Gary Neville has attacked his former club several times this summer due to little activity in the transfer market.
– As a United fan, it is frustrating that the club has not acted before. However, there have been times when the club panicked in the last ten days of the transfer window. They have overpaid and handled it incorrectly, Neville told Sky Sports in early September.
Also last week, Neville eased his frustration over United’s transfer market. Then he was clear that United has focused on the wrong type of players, and believes that the most important thing is that the club gets a new midfielder.
– We can talk about Jadon Sancho as much as we want, but until Manchester United gets a new midfielder in place who can run and defend in a one-on-one, they will never win the league. “They will never win the Premier League with that stopper pair there,” Neville told Sky Sports at the time.
READ ALSO: Claim Frank Lampard is said to have insulted the Chelsea profile in front of the other players
During a press conference over two weeks ago, Ole Gunnar Solskjær was confronted by the press about the fans’ frustration that no more new players have entered the doors at Old Trafford.
Then he asked the fans to be patient.
– We want to develop and enter the season with confidence. We always want to give the group a boost, so we are working on the case, Solskjær replied.
But there have still been no more signings.
Shaky start to the season
Manchester United have had a troubled start to the Premier League season. The first match they lost 3-1 to Crystal Palace, and Solskjær had to endure a lot of criticism.
In this weekend’s match against Brighton, there was a victory for United, when Bruno Fernandes decided the match ten minutes into overtime, after United were awarded a penalty kick after the referee had blown off the match.
But United struggled against Brighton throughout the match, and were quite lucky not to concede more goals considering that Brighton hit the posts five times during the match.
In the next Premier League match, Solskjær and Manchester United will meet Tottenham at home at Old Trafford on Sunday at 17.30.