With the drop in the number of active cases of Covid-19 in Alagoas and the decrease in the bed occupancy rate due to the disease caused by the new coronavirus, the State Government closed, on Monday (28), the cycle of attendance of the Hospital of Campaign Dr. Celso Tavares, installed at the Ruth Cardoso Cultural and Exhibition Center, …
With the drop in the number of active cases of Covid-19 in Alagoas and the decrease in the bed occupancy rate due to the disease caused by the new coronavirus, the State Government closed, on Monday (28), the cycle of attendance of the Hospital of Campaign Dr. Celso Tavares, installed at the Ruth Cardoso Cultural and Exhibition Center, in the Jaraguá neighborhood, in Maceió. Present at the ceremony that honored the 354 professionals who worked there for more than four months, Governor Renan Filho explained that the entire structure will be on “stand by”, that is, waiting to be reactivated, should the numbers related to the pandemic in Alagoas grow again.
“We are going to leave the structure on stand by for a period of 60, maybe 90 days, so that, with all the necessary safety, prudence and responsibility, monitor [os números da Covid-19] and if there is any increase in the disease in Alagoas, we will be prepared to resume what was interrupted ”, said Renan Filho, who intends to donate part of the Hospital de Campanha equipment to the municipalities, after the definitive closure of activities.
In the last week, Alagoas recorded the largest period of falls in the moving average of deaths in all of Brazil, with almost 50 consecutive days of decrease in the rate. The average occupancy of 1,326 beds opened exclusively for patients with Covid-19 was down by 20%. “We have the lowest bed occupancy rate since the beginning of the pandemic,” he said.
Despite the success in combating Covid-19, Renan Filho made a reservation. “Today we are going to start the demobilization of the first 154 beds (of the Hospital de Campanha), so that we have a sense of duty being fulfilled, but certain that we have not yet overcome the pandemic and we will need the collaboration of everyone so that we can continue taking ahead the work that is being done here in Alagoas ”, he pondered.
Also present at the event, the Secretary of State for Health, Alexandre Ayres, stressed that the Covid-19 pandemic is not over and that state management continues to intensify the fight, reinforcing with the population the need to remain in controlled social distance, using masks, in addition to maintaining hand hygiene in order to avoid contamination.
With low bed occupancy rates in Alagoas, Sesau will demobilize, from next week, the Triage Center located in the Benedito Bentes complex in Maceió, and then deactivate the Arapiraca Campaign Hospital.
The governor recalled that, during the pandemic, he created more than 1,300 exclusive beds for Covid-19, opened two new hospitals (Metropolitan and Northern Regional), changed the assistance profile of the Women’s Hospital, making it a specialized center for treatment. of the disease; made the installation of two Screening Centers in Maceió and worked with the municipalities to expand the service to the population in the interior of Alagoas.
During a press conference, the governor announced that, in the first half of next year, he will hold a public tender for the health sector.
The professionals will be sent to the Women’s Hospital Dr. Nise da Silveira, Metropolitan of Maceió, Regional do Norte, Alto Sertão and the Emergency Care Units (UPA).