Paire said this after withdrawing in the second set against Ruud in the 1st round match in the ATP tournament in Hamburg.
According to the news agency DPA, the Frenchman said that he had tested positive on two occasions after coming to Germany, but that he was allowed to play because he then delivered a negative corona test.
– The only negative test was from yesterday, but before that there were two positives in a row, the Frenchman said after Wednesday’s Ruud meeting.
In the Ruud camp, they were not aware of the information Paire provided about his own test results, but on Wednesday night, father and coach Christian Ruud had received reassuring information.
– We have now been in contact with the ATP tour. Once you have had the virus, there may be residues in the body afterwards, but he is not a carrier. It is one month since he had the virus, he says to NTB.
– There is no danger that Casper has contracted any infection, and German doctors are known to be quite thorough, he adds.
Misset US Open
According to the website Tennishead, Paire asked questions about the regulations for coronary heart disease on Wednesday. It was recently announced that a handful of players have dropped out of qualifying for the Grand Slam tournament Roland-Garros due to covid-19.
– ATP must explain to me what the rule is. In Paris, some are negative, but can not play because their coach is positive. Here in Germany you are positive and can play, said Paire and added:
– I do not understand it anymore. I’m just bored.
The French tennis profile had to withdraw from the US Open earlier this autumn because he was diagnosed with coronary heart disease. He then waited ten days in isolation before taking part in the Masters 1000 tournament in Rome last week.
There, Paire allegedly lost on purpose against the Italian teenager Jannik Sinner in the 1st round. The reason was that the 31-year-old was cursed because he had to play already on Monday instead of Tuesday.
– Shit setup! Thanks. I only came with one requirement, and that was to play on Tuesday to have an extra training day after what happened to me in New York. And because I meet an Italian, you set me up on Monday, Paire wrote Twitter.
He tested negative for the coronavirus both in France after the US Open and in connection with the Rome tournament. The two recent positive tests came only during the last eight days.
On Wednesday, Paire lost the first set against Casper Ruud 4-6, before going 0-2 in the second.
It is not known why he withdrew from the match, and there are currently no indications that it is related to coronary heart disease.
On Thursday, Ruud meets the strong Italian Fabio Fognini in the 2nd round in Hamburg.
– It will be a tough task. Of course we have respect for a player who is so good. At the same time, Casper is also in good shape, says dad and coach Christian Ruud.