One week before the transfer window slams shut, Liverpool boss Jürgen Klopp is quite clear that he will not pick up more players.
The club has strengthened the stable with Thiago Alcantara (Bayern Munich), Diogo Jota (Wolverhampton) and Kostas Tsimikas (Olympiakos), and now the manager does not expect more purchases.
– If the situation remains as it is now, nothing will happen, Klopp says to liverpoolfc.com.
Here you can play Viking Lotto!
When asked what in the transfer market and in particular when it comes to midfielders, he answers:
– I do not expect much, to be honest. When it comes to midfielders, we thought we were well covered. We have three midfielders in the absolute top-top-top class, some young players and Fabinho in the back. But then suddenly we got three midfielders injured.
Ancelotti has been given a turn at Everton – best league opener in 27 years
– It’s not nice, but you can not, we can not, solve that problem in the transition market, to be honest.
The Viking lottery pot is now up to approximately 76 million Norwegian kroner!
– If nothing more serious happens than this, then I hope we do not have to try.
Jürgen Klopp also states that he feels that he is well tense in the other positions on the field.
– I do not know at the moment what will happen when it comes to departure. We’ll see.
That’s why we’ll all love seeing Leeds
Jordan Henderson writes in the match program on Monday about the new signings:
– Kostas came first, and we got to know him in the season preparations. Thiago and Diogo came recently. All three will be very important to us, and we will do everything to make them feel welcome. We need them and are glad they chose us.
Henderson says that as captain he gets a lot of credit for creating an environment where the newcomers feel well received in their new club.
– But this is not about one person, nor just the players. It’s the employees, the coaches, everyone, he writes in the match program.
Scoringsball for Liverpool
* Both Liverpool and Arsenal have a full pot in two league games. The way Liverpool beat Chelsea in London was a clear hint that they will be in the gold match this season. There was something about the quick changes, the “work at home” discipline and the penalty kick that made Liverpool win deservedly (2-0).
* It is reason to believe that the hosts want the ball the most here as well. But Arsenal will be quietly prepared and be as compact as possible. Because it has often been like this under manager Mikel Arteta’s board.
* The Gunners show up and they usually have a plan. It can come in handy because the London team has in recent years let in a rush with goals at Anfield: 5-5 (league cup), 1-3, 1-5, 0-4, 1-3, 3-3 and 2-2. There are 25 setbacks on the last seven visits.
* Norwegian gambling has a rich odds menu for this match. But 1.52 in home odds in a regular HUB game is staggering. The singles game Will there be a penalty kick? to 2.50 in may be an alternative.
Play stop is at 20.55, and you will of course watch the match on TV 2 Sport Premium.
VG has a commercial collaboration with Norsk Tipping, which means that VG receives a share of the income from games under the auspices of the betting company on our platforms. Norsk Tipping has no influence on theme selection or content, which is based solely on editorial assessments.
- Champions League
- European League