Milan coach Stefano Pioli praises Bodø / Glimt before the qualifying match for the Europa League at the San Siro on Thursday night.
– We have a very important match on Thursday, Pioli says in an interview reproduced on the club’s website after 2-0 against Bologna and the Zlatan show on Monday night.
See the highlights from that match here:
Watch the Elite Series and the OBOS League live on Dplay
Pioli has noticed himself in Glimt’s brilliant form this season. The supreme league leader is so far undefeated in the Elite Series, and has only lost points in two games. At the same time, they have scored a staggering 65 goals.
– We meet a team that has not lost a game in nine months – and that has played 20 league games without losing, says the Milan manager.
Thursday night awaits the season’s toughest task so far for Jens Petter Hauge & Co: Milan and Zlatan Ibrahimovic at the San Siro in the third qualifying round of the Europa League.
– They are young and fast, so we have to recover after this match. We need an achievement AC Milan-worthy. Then we will move on from that match, Pioli continues.
The Glimt coach after the Zlatan show: – We do not lie and tremble at night
– The players are always ready to do the job and not give up. They deserve all sorts of praise, he adds.
Despite the fact that it is the home team that has the favorite stamp, the Glimt players are offensive. After the draw, Jens Petter Hauge told VG that they have certainly not given up the dream of group games in the Europa League.
– What is so nice about football is that the match will be played and in 90 minutes anything can happen. We are looking forward and I personally feel we have opportunities to get something from there, he said at the time.
If Glimt manages to win in Milan, there will also be an away match in the last round. It will be towards either Turkish Besiktas or Portuguese Rio Ave.
This weekend, Glimt charged up for the big game with a 3-1 victory against Brann away:
See more statistics for the Elite Series on VG Live.
- Champions League qualifier
- Europa League qualifier
- Relegation qualification