At Friday’s press conference, coach Zinedine Zidane had to answer several questions about possible signings for Real Madrid – which has yet to close with anyone new in this transfer window. The coach did not completely rule out the arrival of reinforcements, but he tried to emphasize several times that the squad is the one in his hands.
– Everything can happen until the 5th of October (closing date of the window in Spain). It matters to you who’s coming, but I’m happy with my cast. We will work to reach the end of the goals we have for the season. This is the cast, I will not ask for anything – said Zidane, by videoconference.
The Frenchman also denied that the lack of hiring so far by the Spanish club is any kind of consequence of the agreement with the squad on the reduction of wages, and stressed that he only deals with this type of issue internally.
“I have nothing to say. I wish him the best. And for us, the same,” said Zidane, questioned about Bale, who went to Tottenham.
Zidane during a Real Madrid press conference – Photo: Getty Images
The Real coach has not confirmed whether Hazard, Asensio and Lucas Vázquez will be linked for the next game against Betis. However, according to the adopted speech, the chances are reasonable that the Belgian attacking midfielder will start on the bench, at least.
– I think the same as Roberto Martínez (Belgium coach). Hazard has no worries about his recent injury, but as he has had few training sessions this season with the team, we have to go slow. He wants to come in and give 100%, but he needs to be well – commented the coach.
5 Leagues in 5 minutes: Barcelona in a farewell mood, and Inter Milan with new faces
This Saturday Real Madrid will face Real Betis, away from home, in a game valid for the third round of the Spanish Championship. In the previous match, he was in the tie 0-0 with Real Sociedad. The commitment for the first round, against Getafe, has been postponed and has not yet had a new date set.
- Check the Spanish Championship table