Zlatan misses Thursday’s Europa League match against Bodø / Glimt.
The online newspaper Direktesport shows AC Milan – Bodø / Glimt LIVE on Thursday 20.30. Secure access to the match here
The Italian big club confirms this on its own website:
– Zlatan Ibrahimović has tested positive for Covid-19 after a second round of trials ahead of tonight’s match against Bodø / Glimt. The club has informed the necessary, and the player has been immediately quarantined at home. All other team members and employees have tested negative.
Later, the Swede himself also sent a message to the fans about the corona infection:
– I tested negative on Covid yesterday, and positive today. I have no symptoms at all. Covid had enough courage to challenge me. Stupid idea, writes Ibrahimovic on Twitter.
This will come out the same day as AC Milan takes on Bodø / Glimt at the San Siro, for Europa League qualification.
The online newspaper Direktesport shows Bodø / Glimt in the Europa League qualification. Get access here
UEFA with a clear message
Press contact Regine Boym told AN that the Glimt camp had no more information about the case.
– We do not know much more yet, and are working to get an overview, she said.
But to NRK, UEFA confirms that the qualifying match will still be played.
On Wednesday afternoon, it was confirmed that AC Milan’s midfielder, Leo Duarte, was also infected by the virus. Thus, the club now has two players who must stand over the match against Glimt.
Also read: AC Milan player with positive corona test the day before the meeting with Glimt
Thus, Glimt has a little less to think about before Thursday’s settlement, although it is still expected that the team will have a very tough match against the Italians.
The team from Northern Norway has been in great shape in the domestic Elite Series this season and the yellows have replaced goals. It has given Eurosport expert Joachim Jonsson the belief in an ever so small miracle at the San Siro.
– Bodø / Glimt could not have met Milan at a better time, both for their own part and Milan’s part. Glimt is in the middle of the season, is full of confidence and Milan is playing its first league match today (Monday), Eurosport’s Joacim Jonsson told Nettavisen.
– Not unrealistic
The team that tops the Eliteserie table clearly, took the season’s 16th victory in the 3-1 victory against Brann on Sunday.
– Had it been at home, I would have thought that the opportunities to advance are great, but I also do not think it is completely unrealistic that they can beat Milan. There will be no overtaking, the expert believes.
One who also has faith in Glimt is former Rosenborg captain Bent Skammelsrud. He has been impressed by what Bodø / Glimt has achieved this year, and believes that the Eliteserien’s superb league leader has an opportunity to beat the Italian big team in the Nettavisen-broadcast Europa League qualifier.
– Yes, it has them. Bodø / Glimt is in the shape of its life. Milan are not where they were when we played against them. They were probably number six in the league last year. They are in the start of their series, so the timing should be perfect to surprise, he told Nettavisen earlier this week.
Skammelsrud still believes that Glimt must be the best version of himself to have a chance against Milan.
– They can not start playing a completely different football, they must in a way have the offensive mindset and attack Milan, and of course defend themselves smartly. They can not settle for their own third because I do not think Bodø / Glimt are good at that. They have to do what they have been good at all year. And it is to attack and use the relationships, and then they can quickly surprise the Milan players on it, the former Rosenborg player thinks.