Two years ago, Hollywood star Mena Suvari (41), known for films such as “American Beauty” and “American Pie”, was able to reveal that she and her boyfriend of two years, Michael Hope, had married in secret.
And now the couple is taking a big step forward after what seems to have been a long battle to expand the family.
“The greatest, most precious gift has come our way. Through all the trauma, through all the struggle, through all the doubt, our little angel has chosen us “, she writes initially to her almost 240,000 followers on Instagram.
“I will never have enough words to explain the love for this beautiful soul that comes into our lives,” she continues.
Furthermore, the actress writes that she will do everything she can to give the child the best life, and at the same time reveals that the couple is expecting a little boy.
“You are everything I have ever wanted,” she continues, and that the baby will always be the most important thing in her life.
At the time of writing, the baby news has received well over 20,000 likes, but the expectant mother has not yet opened the comment field below the picture.
Overwhelmed and stressed
To People, the 41-year-old has opened up further about the pregnancy.
– It is still a process for me to accept that something so beautiful can happen to me. It has been a very emotional experience, she tells the magazine, and adds that she still can not believe that she is pregnant.
The actor also says that the couple has been trying to have children for a long time.
– I measured my temperature every morning and peed on tests that showed if I was ovulating. You expect it to happen, but it did not for me. Then I was overwhelmed and stressed, she says.
Now, however, the couple can enjoy having a little boy, and the 41-year-old could not have been happier.
The actor, who is now expecting his first child with her husband, has left two marriages behind.
– It is fantastic. We are happy. All good things are three, she cheered after the wedding in 2018.
From 2000 to 2005, Mena was married to Robert Brinkmann, and from 2010 to 2012 to music producer Simone Sestito. After his relationship with Sestito broke down, he demanded a quarter of her salary.
– I have never fallen in love again with an item. They all end up hating me. I’m just trying to move on. I do not like to look back. I think that is unhealthy, she said after the break-up in 2012.
About his third wedding to Hope, Suvari said the following:
– It was very intimate. It was beautiful. I had my closest friends around me. It felt significant. After all these years, with many ups and downs, it is very nice to have settled down. Especially at this point in my life.
Suvari, who is also known from the pubertal “American Pie” movies, and roles in TV series such as “Six Feet Under”, “American Horror Story” and “Chicago Fire”, met her husband on the set of the movie “I’ll Be Home for Christmas »in 2016.
ALSO READ: This is not how he looks anymore