And the good sequence with the assistant directing the team generated a wave among fans on social networks: that of “Cebolismo”, alluding to the nickname of Onion by Andrey Lopes.
Andrey Lopes in command of the Palmeiras against Bragantino – Photo: Cesar Greco Ag. Palm trees
He approves of the joke and sees “Cebolismo” as a way of extolling the results under his command.
– I’m happy, right? Very happy. I am very satisfied with the work that I have been doing for three years at Palmeiras. The important thing is Palmeiras, that’s why I’m here working. I am happy with the fans, with the club, the people in it treat me in the best possible way, I feel at home and I will always work for Palmeiras – he said.
Andrey will be the Palmeiras captain until the new coach arrives. Portuguese Abel Ferreira, from PAOK, from Greece, is very close to being announced by the club. And the assistant praises the coach.
– Was he announced? I think not yet. He’s a young coach, he’s 41 years old, did a good job at Braga and is now at PAOK. Regardless of who you are, you will be welcomed in the best possible way. I will continue doing my job, helping him, because the important thing is the club – he declared.
Best moments: Bragantino 1 x 3 Palmeiras for the first game of the round of 16 of the Copa do Brasil
Still under Andrey’s command, Palmeiras will return to the field next Monday to face Atlético-MG, at 5 pm (Brasília time), at Allianz Parque, for the Brazilian Championship.
At the press conference, Andrey Lopes also spoke about Palmeiras’ performance in the match, the option for Felipe Melo as a midfielder, among other issues. Check out:
– I highlight their union and delivery during this period that I am in charge. Since I am an assistant, I have lived with them for three years. The respect I had for them with me, and mine for them, even when changing roles was mutual. Workouts are going in the best way possible. They have understood what I have asked them to do on the pitch, they are intelligent, high-level athletes. It is game by game, we work on each game, we build it. The most important thing is that Palmeiras win the victories and keep going in the championships.
– What made them efficient was reading their game. Reading on the opponent is important. And the balance of the team. We had a very good, consistent, balanced first half, knowing when to attack, when to hold. This was important for this performance. We scored eleven goals in the last games, we took one today, it was even a sin to take that goal, we put it in the locker room.
– I have kept the same team. The lawn was heavy, it rained a lot. I really like the game model with intensity, I charge them a lot, the game has ninety minutes, you have to give yourself totally. It wears out a lot. We had a good first half, 3-0, I know it is difficult, as much as I said not to let our guard down during the break, but we took the goal. As the first one was very good, it still gave us that advantage.
– Felipe Melo’s experience speaks for itself. He is an athlete who played at a high level, experienced, who played in the World Cup, so he has an understanding of his profession, the game, his responsibilities. The conversation went smoothly, I didn’t even speak to him, I spoke directly in training, assembling the team. That would be the strategy. As I said, he accepted, as he always did, with respect. Satisfied, he fulfilled what I asked for on the field. Respect is mutual between us. And as I said, a high level athlete, he played very well in the back and plays as a midfielder, without any problem.
– I put this a lot in my work. The important thing is the moment. We create a situation for the game, a strategy, a training to perform, but of course the athlete has to know when to do it. It is their understanding that takes the action into the field. For their intelligence, the set, are the factors it takes.