Four more deaths and 461 cases of the new coronavirus were registered in Espírito Santo within 24 hours. The information is from the last update of the Covid-19 Panel, from the State Department of Health (Sesa), made this Sunday afternoon (18).
As a result, the number of people who died from the disease in the state rose to 3,713. The total number of infected people reached 144,415. On the other hand, 133,595 people have already recovered from the coronavirus.
The Covid-19 Panel also points out that Vila Velha, a municipality in Espírito Santo with the largest number of people infected by the disease, reached 20,780 confirmed cases. Vitória continues in second place, with 18,451 records. Serra, in turn, has already counted 17,789 cases, occupying the third position.
Still according to the panel, Jardim Camburi, in the capital, remains the neighborhood in Espírito Santo with the highest number of confirmed cases. In all, 2.64 5 people have already been infected in the region. Praia da Costa, in Vila Velha, is the second neighborhood, with 2,382 cases.
The disease is transmitted by droplets of saliva and phlegm that spread throughout the environment. As there is no specific treatment for the disease so far, it is essential to maintain some precautions such as social isolation, recommended by the World Health Organization (WHO) and respiratory etiquette:
– Wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds with soap and water;
– Use alcohol-based hand antiseptic for cleaning;
– Cover the inside of the elbow with the mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing;
– Use disposable tissue for nasal hygiene;
– Avoid touching mucous membranes of the eyes, nose and mouth;
– Do not share objects for personal use;
– Clean the room regularly and keep it ventilated.