GARDERMOEN (VG) Siv Jensen took Ketil Solvik-Olsen to school in her speech to the FRP’s national meeting.
– No, Ketil we will not talk to agree. We will still be the ones who dare to say what no one else dares to say, says FRP leader Siv Jensen to his own national meeting at Gardermoen on Saturday.
She thus responded to former FRP deputy leader Ketil Solvik-Olsen, who in VG yesterday announced that he will make a comeback. He called for more consensus from his party on issues such as immigration.
She repeats the message in an interview with VG after the speech.
– I actually repeat what is the Progress Party’s main message. We must be clear in immigration policy, also in the future. We must dare to address issues that others do not dare to address, Jensen says to VG.
– Should there be more Sylvi Listhaug and less Ketil Solvik-Olsen?
– It should be both Sylvi Listhaug and Ketil Solvik-Olsen. And everyone else who is engaged in this. Now it is Jon Helgheim who is the main spokesman in this field for us and I think he does a fabulous job, she says.
– Is it a paradox that the FRP does it as weakly, at least in local elections, in Oslo as you do, where the focus on immigration according to Solvik-Olsen is one-sided?
– I think we have a significant challenge in all the big cities that we must take seriously in the coming months. It is an important part of the strategy we are now putting in place towards the election campaign run-up, she says to VG.
FRP leader Siv Jensen was also healthy on Saturday when she addressed SP leader Trygve Slagsvold Vedum, who has sprung up all over Norway.
He wants a government based on the Labor Party and the Socialist People’s Party, but Jensen believes it is completely unrealistic for that solution to get a majority.
– To you Trygve, you will hear from me next week, says Siv Jensen in the speech to Frp’s national meeting.
PARTY TOP: Siv Jensen met the former party leader Carl I. Hagen.
– You have several problems, Trygve. You will incomprehensibly cooperate with Jonas, but you will not get a majority with him. Then you have to cooperate with the MDG, SV and the Communist Party Red.
– So you are in negotiations with “Vingle-Jonas”, “Ulve-Audun”, “Bompenge-Lan” and “Kommunist-Bjørnar”, says Jensen.
Siv Jensen says in her speech that taxes in Norway must go down. She wants to counteract more cross-border trade.
She also said that Sp-Trygve, if he changes sides, must give up more of the wording in his new program proposal.
Warns Erna Solberg
Prime Minister Erna Solberg has said several times that they use the agreement in the Granavolden declaration as the basis for the work in the government. It was an agreement the FRP agreed to, before they left the government.
Siv Jensen warns Erna Solberg to believe that Frp will use this as a basis for her work.
– We use the FRP’s party program as a basis, not the Granavolden declaration, Jensen says to the national assembly.
– Series of unworthy stories
In the speech, Siv Jensen reminded of the mistakes made during the corona pandemic.
– Through the pandemic, we have heard a number of unworthy stories about how the elderly, the mentally handicapped and relatives deprived of very basic rights. The shutdown hit many people hard, but perhaps especially in the health sector, Jensen says.
VG has this autumn revealed that 133 municipalities introduced a stoppage of visitors for more than 2,400 developmentally disabled people living in housing associations and care homes. But the municipalities made only 27 coercive decisions.
In the speech, Jensen also criticized Erna Solberg for poor answers about the health queues in the previous question time in the Storting and said that the health queues must go down.
– We will make important decisions to remove the corona queue in the health care system and pressure the government to use all available private capacity, she says.