Between midnight and 9 am next Tuesday, October 20, an orange warning from the Portuguese Institute for the Sea and the Atmosphere due to the rain, which will be temporarily heavy and sometimes in a downpour that may be thunderstorm.
The strong southwest wind also motivates an orange warning for the same period, and the south coast should register gusts up to 100 km / h and mountainous regions gust up to 130 km / h. Until then, weather forecasts for Madeira and Porto Santo place the archipelago under yellow warning.
In this context, the Regional Civil Protection Service leaves a series of recommendations to the population:
- Be aware of the warnings and recommendations of the competent authorities, keeping yourself informed of the evolution of the situation.
- In case of flooding inside your home due to excessive rain, contact the local Fire Department and / or the Municipal Civil Protection Service in your municipality.
- When driving in these conditions, reduce your speed, driving with caution due to possible traffic congestion. Pay attention to water sheets that may form, do not drive or park in areas prone to flooding.
- Pay attention to the unblocking of the drainage systems and the cleaning of inert materials that can be dragged.
- Please note that the roads may be blocked or restricted by traffic.