SAO PAULO (Reuters) – The market closed down on Friday, pressured by the decline in shares of Petrobras and banks, unable to keep up with the more positive bias on Wall Street, while CSN opened the season of index balance sheets with billionaire profit.
Reference index of the Brazilian stock market, the Ibovespa fell 0.75%, to 98,309.12 points.
During the week, however, the Ibovespa accumulated an increase of 0.85%.
Abroad, the most positive news about vaccine against Covid-19, with Pfizer saying it can apply for approval for the emergency use of its vaccine in November, supported Wall Street, which still reacted to US retail data.
For the manager of the research area of Ativa Investimentos, Pedro Serra, the announcement of Pfizer and the North American data animated the markets.
US retail sales jumped 1.9% in September, after an unrevised 0.6% gain in August, the Commerce Department said. Economists polled by Reuters had forecast a 0.7% increase in retail sales in September.
In Brazil, according to him, the weaker performance of the Ibovespa reflected fears about the fiscal framework, in addition to the pressure from bank and Petrobras shares.
– PETROBRAS PN (SA 🙂 e PETROBRAS ON (SA 🙂 decreased 2.13% and 2.48%, respectively, due to the weakness of oil abroad. The company said that, given the Covid-19 scenario, the Parque das Baleias Integrated Project will be postponed in about a year, starting production in 2024.
– ITAÚ UNIBANCO PN and BRADESCO PN (SA 🙂 fell 1.62% and 1.98%, respectively, with the Ibovespa banking sector down.
– CSN ON (SA 🙂 rose 0.41%, after renewing earlier the highest intraday price since January 2011, at 20.22 reais, up almost 4%. The company released adjusted EBITDA of 3.5 billion reais in the third quarter of last year. The stock came from three consecutive highs, a period in which it rose 9.5%.
– USIMINAS PNA (SA 🙂 advanced 4.33%, in the wake of CSN’s strong result, in addition to prospects for further price adjustments in the steel sector. In the mining and steel sector, GERDAU PN (SA 🙂 appreciated 0.66%, while VALE ON (SA 🙂 closed with a 0.37% decrease.
– SUZANO (SA 🙂 ON appreciated by 4.61%, with analysts citing a report by Risi about a dominant South American pulp supplier raising the price of bleached hardwood pulp by US $ 20 per ton. KLABIN UNIT (SA 🙂 rose 3.99%, also reacting to new developments linked to the incorporation of Sogemar.
– COGNA ON (SA 🙂 fell 4.17%, renewing the minimum price since May, with YDUQS ON (SA 🙂 falling 3.3%.