Italian minister says Cristiano Ronaldo may have broken protocol against Covid-19

0
2


Vincenzo Spadafora, Italian Sports Minister, believes that Cristiano Ronaldo – who tested positive for Covid-19 last week – may have violated protocols imposed by the country’s authorities to fight the virus. According to him, the athlete would have left

Live football or whenever you want? Click here and try DAZN free for a month!

The case had already been reported by health authorities to the courts after Ronaldo and other players left the country to serve their teams. The reason would be that they were leaving Italy despite isolation protocols adopted after two Covid-19 cases were confirmed at Juventus.

Now, with Ronaldo’s return to Italy just a day after receiving the positive test, the discussion has surfaced. “Yes, I think so. If there was no specific authorization from the health authorities,” Spadafora told Rai Radio1, when asked if the Portuguese had violated any protocol.

Despite the increase in the number of new cases involving Serie A athletes, in addition to the Italian population in general, the Minister said that he does not think about new stoppages in any of the sports competitions in the country.

On the other hand, Spadafora also sees no conditions for the fans to return to the stadiums, at least not yet. “The regions have proposed a possible 25% capacity, but at the moment, we cannot authorize it. At least until next month. We will see how the contagion curve evolves in late November.

Cristiano Ronaldo tested positive for Covid-19 when he was with the Portuguese team. The striker was subjected to a test between the matches against France and Sweden, in the week of October 11 and was the only one of the team infected with the virus in this battery of tests. The Portuguese, immediately, was cut from the selection and did not play against Sweden.

On his return to Juventus, he will still lose some commitments while fulfilling the isolation imposed by the regulations of the Italian Championship, as recommended by health authorities. The expectation is that he will return in time to face Barcelona Lionel Messi in the Champions League on the 23rd.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here