A man in his 50s was trapped under a large rock at Kollsnes in Øygarden.
At 4 pm, the 110 exchange informed that a man had received a larger stone over an arm and was trapped.
– A person has had his arm squeezed under a fairly large rock, at a quay area just northwest of the processing plant at Kollsnes, says duty commander at the 110 exchange, Ole Jakob Hartvigsen.
– The emergency services are on site now. We will now try to free the person, using lifting equipment.
– Will use lifting pads
Hartvigsen says that they do not yet know the reason for the incident.
– We will use lifting pads with air to lift the stone with, and then secure the stone.
The fire service was notified of the incident at 15.28.
- Feel free to send us a picture or tip for the case here.
Transported to land in a fireboat
At 4.30 pm, the operations manager at the West police district, Hans Eirik Thue, says that the man is in his 50s and was with his son when the accident occurred.
– The man has now been released and transported in a fireboat towards the ambulance, due to rough terrain on the site. He will then be transported to hospital.
Thue states that all emergency services, as well as the air ambulance, are in place on site.
– The injury is not life-threatening and the man has been conscious all the time. The accident is of a private nature and has no connection with the facility at Kollsnes, he says.