Strømsgodset – Start 1-1 (0-1)
Start was looking to continue the good trend, after the big win in the previous series round against Haugesund.
It looked bright for a long time before they were yellow-clad, but Godset fought back with ten men and secured a draw.
It was goalless until the southerners suddenly got a penalty kick after a corner six minutes before the break. The replay showed that Ipalibo Jack held around the neck of Vegard Bergan in the box.
Jesper Mathisen in TV 2 studio did not understand what Jack was thinking in that situation.
– Vegard Bergan is almost suffocated in that duel. It is so unbelievably stupid to act like this right in front of a referee, in your own field, on a corner kick, Mathisen said.
«What is Ipalibo doing? Brilliantly convicted and clear punishment! », Ole Martin Årst writes on Twitter.
Jack first thought it was not a penalty kick.
– I do not think it is a penalty kick. I did not touch him, I did not touch him, Jack told Eurosport during the break.
Then he got to see the situation in slow motion in replay.
– It looks a little different now, Jack said, and answered “yes” that it was a penalty kick.
What is Ipalibo doing?
Brilliantly judged and clear punishment!
– Ole Martin Årst (@omaarst) October 18, 2020
Christian Bolaños was safe from the chalk mark, and knocked in the lead goal down at the post root.
And the downturn for Jack did not stop there, for a quarter of an hour before the end he got his second yellow card in the match – and an early shower. It happened after a tackle outside a dangerous area.
– It should not be law. It’s inexperienced. You should not take such a chance, it is a crystal clear yellow card, Erik Huseklepp thought in TV 2 studio.
– I do not understand why you should go in that way. I get so tired of seeing such tackles, it is completely unnecessary, he continues.
Strømsgodset still hit back in the 78th minute. Moses Mawa hammered the ball into the net after a cheeky heel kick from Johan Hove in front.