HMD Global brought Nokia branded phones back to Brazilian shelves in the first half of 2020, but so far has only officially launched one model, Nokia 2.3. The company was expected to launch the C2 in September, which ended up not happening, but it may be that a series of announcements will be made soon.
Three models approved in the Certification and Approval System of the National Telecommunications Agency (Anatel) have already been added, that is, with commerce in the authorized country. In addition to the aforementioned C2 and 5.3, also documented a few weeks ago, the newest HMD Global device listed in the Brazilian agency is the TA-1274, which according to the FCC (species of Anatel of the USA) would be one of the four variants for Nokia 2.4, recently announced globally.
Only the certificate itself is publicly available on the system, in which we can verify, for example, that the device supports the 4G band 28, only uses Wi-Fi on the 2.4 GHz frequency and is provided with a 5 W charger in the box. Another curiosity is that, among the listed plants, we can see the Multilaser factory in Extrema-MG, in addition to two others in China.
However, this does not necessarily mean that Multilaser will assemble the device here. Nokia 2.3 even listed the mining address in its certification. It is a way to get ahead of a possible moment when HMD Global will effectively start manufacturing cell phones here: they are listed with such a possibility from the beginning at Anatel. C2 or 5.3 also mention the Extrema factory in the certificate.
Nokia 2.4 was announced about two weeks ago, along with Nokia 3.4. The model already approved by Anatel has a 6.5-inch screen with HD resolution, Helio P22 platform, with a 2 Ghz octa-core processor, options with 2 GB or 3 GB of RAM, 32 GB or 64 GB of storage and 4,500 battery mAh. The suggested price in Europe is 119 euros, equivalent to R $ 780 in direct conversion, excluding taxes.
Always good to emphasize that the certification of a product at Anatel is not a guarantee that it will be officially marketed in the country, but it is a mandatory step for that.
Nokia 2.4: technical sheet
- Screen: 6.5 inch IPS LCD, HD resolution (720 x 1600 pixels), 20: 9 aspect, notch drop;
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio P22, with 2 GHz octa-core processor;
- RAM memory: 2 GB or 3 GB;
- Internal storage: 32 GB or 64 GB expandable via micro SD card up to 512 GB;
- Rear camera: 13 MP (main) + 2 MP (depth);
- Front camera: 5 MP;
- Dimensions: 165.85 x 76.30 x 8.69 mm;
- Weight: 189 grams;
- Battery: 4,500 mAh;
- Extras: button dedicated to Google Assistant, digital reader at the rear, IPX2, FM radio, Dual SIM, 3.5 mm connector, NFC, Bluetooth;
- Available colors: Dusk (lilac), Charcoal (gray) and Fjord (blue);
- Operating system: Android 10 with Android 11 update guaranteed.
Did you like this article?
Subscribe your email to Canaltech to receive daily updates with the latest news from the world of technology.