Robinho says he had the consent of a young man and complains: “Unfortunately, there is this feminist movement” | saints

0
9


Shortly after announcing the suspension of the contract with Santos, on Friday, Robinho spoke about the sentence sentencing him and a friend in first instance to nine years in prison for group sexual violence against a young woman of Albanian origin.

In an interview with UOL, Robinho denied having had sexual intercourse with the young woman, but that he had her consent until the moment when he would have left the scene. He also stated that he does not remember everything that happened in the early hours of January 22, 2013 and criticized what he calls “lack of context” in excerpts from the sentence shown in a report by give.

– I didn’t have sex with her, no. We had a relationship between a man and a woman, relationships that a man has with a woman, but there was no sexual relationship, no penetration, nothing like that – said the player.

– When I left, the boys stayed there with her consent. So, like this: I am defending myself. The boys, if they did anything to her, I can’t speak for them. I know what I did to her and with her consent, understand? So, this is what happened – he added.

Robinho detailed the relationship he had with the young woman:

– A girl approached me, we started to have contact with her consent and mine too. We stayed there for a few minutes. We touched. Then I went home.

– When she approached me, she wasn’t drunk, because she remembers my name, remembers who I am. The person who drinks does not remember anything. She remembers. The fact that she later went out to another club with the boys, it shows that she was not abused. The person who receives an abuse, I never received it and no one in my family, thank God, which is something very serious, she would never leave there to go elsewhere with these same boys.

More about Robinho e Santos:
+ Defense manifests: “There was no sexual violence”
+ See the position of club sponsors

Robinho trained at Santos for just a week – Photo: Ivan Storti / Santos FC

In a January 2014 conversation recorded with the authorization of the Italian Justice, Robinho told Jairo Chagas, a Brazilian musician who played at the nightclub on the night of the incident, that he “tried to have sex” with the young Albanian woman. When challenged about having practiced oral sex, Robinho countered: “This does not mean having sex”.

Just as the defense of the player had already done throughout Friday, Robinho also contested the translation of excerpts from the sentence, which include exchanging messages between the attacker and friends after the day of the case:

– They translated a lot of things out of context. In fact, that was a long time ago. In WhatsApp conversations, we talk, but never with a lack of respect, for disrespecting women. They said that men talk to each other, that they had sexual intercourse with the woman, with her consent, because she wanted to do just that.

– There are things I don’t even remember. I’m sure I never gave her a glass of drink. I can’t answer for my friends …

In another section of the interview, Robinho criticized the feminist movement:

– Unfortunately, there is this feminist movement. Many women are sometimes not even women, to speak clear Portuguese. And they stand up against things that men …

– I just answered now. I am not pretty, I am married to my wife, but if I go out on the street, and the woman says: “Hi, beautiful, tasty” has a connotation. If I mess with you with disrespect it is totally different.

Robinho also told what he considers his mistake in the case to be:

– The question is: what was the mistake I made? What was the crime that I committed? The mistake was not being faithful to my wife, I didn’t make any mistake of raping someone, abusing a girl or going out with her without her consent.

The Milan Court decision of November 2017 is not yet final and has been challenged by the defenses of the Santos player and Ricardo Falco, the other Brazilian accused in the crime. Their lawyers filed an appeal.

The Milan Court of Appeal will begin the analysis of the case, in a second instance, on December 10.

Author of the report on Robinho’s sentencing speaks at SporTV Newsroom

The event took place in a Milan nightclub called Sio Café in the early hours of January 22, 2013. In addition to Robinho and Falco, four other Brazilians reportedly participated in the act classified by the Milan Prosecutor’s Office as sexual violence. As these four left Italy in the course of the investigation, they are being sued in a separate procedure, he told the give the lawyer Jacopo Gnocchi, who represents the victim.

Robinho and Falco were convicted on the basis of Article “609 bis” of the Italian penal code, which speaks of the participation of two or more people gathered for an act of sexual violence – forcing someone to have sex because of their “physical or psychic” inferiority. .

+ CLICK HERE to read the transcript of the recordings

When questioned in April 2014, Robinho denied the charge. He admitted that he had sex with the victim – but said it was a consensual oral sex relationship – and with no others involved. In the case of Ricardo Falco, the investigation carried out by a court order identified the presence of his semen in the young woman’s clothes.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here