In the note released by lawyer Marisa Alija and lawyer Luciano Santoro, “the player reiterates that he did not commit the crime of which he is accused and that he has always had sex in a consensual way”.
The text goes on: “Taxatively there was no sexual violence or admission of guilt in telephone interceptions, which is clear when analyzed in full and in the correct context. According to them,” there is sufficient evidence in Robinho’s innocence “.
She says that there was distortion and cut in the transcription of the audios, in addition to differences in the translation from Portuguese to Italian in the process. According to the defense, lawyers in Milan and Rome will take appropriate action.
The demonstration also mentions Robinho’s thanks to Santos fans and highlights that, “as a family man and athlete, he makes a point of emphasizing that he repudiates all forms of violence”.
See the full note below:
Regarding the report “The recordings of the Robinho case in Italian Justice”, published today by GE, the lawyers of the player Robson de Souza clarify:
- 1.The Player reiterates that he did not commit the crime of which he is accused and that whenever he had sex, he was in a consented manner;
- 2.Taxatively, there was no sexual violence or admission of guilt in telephone interceptions, which is clear when analyzed in its entirety and in the correct context;
- 3. Because it is a confidential and still ongoing process, we are unable to talk about the merits of the charges. However, regarding the disclosure itself, it must be clarified that there is sufficient evidence in the file of Robinho’s innocence – which unfortunately was not disclosed in the matter – and others that will still be presented to the Italian Justice, which will certainly lead to his acquittal. There are several intercepted conversations that have not been correctly translated into Italian, which has led to misinterpretation;
- 4. We fully trust the Italian Justice, the success of the defensive appeal and the reform of the decision, aware that the submission of the deed to the higher courts allows precisely to avoid judicial errors and unfair convictions;
- 5. Finally, Robinho thanks the support of the Santos Futebol Clube fans and, as a family man and athlete, he makes a point of emphasizing that he rejects all forms of violence.
+ Sponsors pressure Santos to break up with Robinho
Robinho, at Vila Belmiro, in Santos x Atlético-GO – Photo: Ivan Storti / Santos FC
THE give reinforces that he obtained the sentence legally and reaffirms that there was no edition of the excerpts of the transcripts.
According to the Italian court ruling, Robinho and the Brazilian Ricardo Falco sexually abused a young woman of Albanian origin, in a nightclub in Milan. Their lawyers filed an appeal. The Milan Court of Appeal will begin the analysis of the case, in a second instance, on December 10.
In addition to Robinho and Falco, four other Brazilians reportedly participated in the act classified by the Milan Prosecutor’s Office as sexual violence. As these four left Italy in the course of the investigation, they are being prosecuted in a separate proceeding, lawyer Jacopo Gnocchi, who represents the victim, said.