TRONDHEIM (VG) (Rosenborg-Odd 4–1) Rosenborg coach Åge Hareide moved Kristoffer Zachariassen (26) to the left wing to make room for “all” his midfielders. National team player Markus Henriksen limped off Lerkendal with injury.
Rosenborg won the chance statistics 9-1, and took a well-deserved victory over the silver competitor from Telemark. The show started three minutes before the break when right-back Erlend Dahl Reitan knocked the ball into goal from an oblique angle after Carlo Holses’ clever pass. Top scorer Zachariassen scored 2-0 twenty minutes before the end, before Odd managed to create excitement with an undeserved reduction. Rosenborg striker Dino Islamovic punctured the match with two quick goals at the back.
– I think it is a fair result. We were very effective, but had the opportunity to score more than four goals, says Hareide at the press conference after the match.
Watch the Elite Series and the OBOS League live on Dplay
Hareide tells VG that Liverpool coach Jürgen Klopps counterpressing is a role model for Rosenborg. Hareide, on the other hand, did not know that Liverpool had lost 7-2 to Aston villa when VG asked the question.
– Damn, did they? But he’s been good at it before. It’s fascinating with football. Bayern Munich also lost big these days. You can laugh at it when the big ones lose, but it shows how difficult football can be. Small mistakes can ruin a lot.
Hareide has an abundance of midfielders in the squad. Against Odd, Zachariassen was moved out on the left wing, to make room for both Konradsen, Skjelbred and Henriksen in the starting line-up.
– Zachariassen had two tasks; one was to help in the pressure by shutting off Odd’s right wing. The second was to get into the midfield and help. He has played there before, and shows that he scores goals no matter where he plays, says Hareide.
Although Zachariassen, who is Rosenborg’s top scorer, had the freedom to drift inwards in the search for space and good finishing positions, it did not happen as often as usual this season.
– I thrive best centrally, but I have no need to substitute on the wing, although I would like to be more involved. All in all, a decent debut, says Zachariassen to VG after the match.
– In VG’s live report, the score is described as «goal of the year». Agree?
– It may have been this year’s shit goal, but goals are goals. You have to work for luck, and it was great with that free scoring. We win deservedly.
After a steady opening, the home team took over more and more. Especially in the recovery phase, Rosenborg seemed to have learned a lot from the matches in Europe against Alanyaspor and PSV, something Hareide also pointed out before the match.
The match was broken up by many free kicks, and several fresh duels. Both Pa Konate (40th minute) and Markus Henriksen (61st minute) were substituted due to injury. This is especially interesting for Henriksen, all the time Norway will play a decisive match against Serbia next Thursday.
– The first assessment is that it is a shock injury. If so, it is possible to play an international match. It hurts a lot, because he got a real slap in the ankle / leg, and then he gets a reaction. We try to minimize the effect of bleeding and swelling. When he left here now, it looked fine, but we will see tomorrow early, says doctor Haakon Schwabe, to VG.
– Is the international match in danger?
– It’s a little early to say. Based on what we checked today, it should be possible to play. We’ll see when he wakes up in the morning and has a few hours to go. He travels to Oslo anyway.
Odd tried, but seldom or never managed to put Rosenborg captain Tore Reginiussen’s defense to the test. Twenty minutes before the end, Rosenborg’s top scorer showed that you can have a nose for goals regardless of which position you play in.
– It is the way we lose, and the way we play, that is disappointing. We do not look like ourselves. We dare too little, we have too high shoulders and we become a little too fragile. I do not know why it will be like that, but we must look forward more to playing a top match, says Odd coach Jan Frode Nornes to VG.
From half a meter away, Zachariassen fought in what will hardly be a candidate for this year’s goal, but which can still prove important in the medal match. Odd created some tension with Simovic’s reduction, but the hope for points did not last long.
During the next nine minutes, Islamovic also showed proof of goal-scoring skills. Only then can prick the ball in goal from six meters, then when he was icy cold and constantly from the penalty spot.
The match was important for both teams, as the winner of the match would take second place in the table, and take the first step in the battle for the silver medals behind the superb Bodø / Glimt, which maintains a steady course towards league gold. The distance down to Rosenborg is now 18 points.
See more statistics for the Elite Series on VG Live.
- Champions League qualifier
- Europa League qualifier
- Relegation qualification