Santa Catarina registered more than 1,800 new cases of coronavirus in 24 hours. In the past three days, more than 1,500 new patients daily. The figures are from the state government bulletin released late Saturday afternoon (17). Since the beginning of the pandemic, 234,765 disease patients, with 2,966 deaths.
See below the main data of the bulletin:
- 234,765 confirmed cases. On Friday (16), there were 232,933
- 1,832 new patients were added in 24 hours
- 2,966 deaths. On Friday, there were 2,962
- 223,290 recovered
- 8,509 patients in treatment. On Friday, there were 7,677
- occupancy rate of ICU beds in the public network is 58.27%
- 628 vacant beds. On Friday, there were 630
- tests with result: 380,536 PCR and 343,918 rapid tests, in addition to 3,344 clinical diagnoses
- 1,826 tests under analysis at Lacen
- all 295 municipalities in Santa Catarina have at least one case of Covid-19
- 231 cities register at least one death from the disease
Since August 25, the State Department of Health has released an online breakdown of deaths recorded in each city.
Of the 1,505 beds in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of the public network in Santa Catarina, 877 are occupied, 174 of which are for patients with suspected or confirmed Covid-19. On Friday, 185 people were in the ICU because of the disease. On the state government website, it is possible to check the bed occupancy rate in each hospital.
- Nursing technician dies victim of Covid-19 in Joinville
Occupancy rate of ICU beds in the public network by Santa Catarina region – Photo: Reproduction / SES Beds
The state has 12 regions at serious risk for Covid-19 and four at high risk. The data were released in an update this Thursday (15) by the State Department of Health.
Covid-19 risk map in SC – October 15 update – Photo: Reproduction / Government of Santa Catarina
Watch videos from Jornal do Lunch:
See more state news on G1 SC