The host does not hide that it is tough to be good at dancing.
Last Saturday, Nate Kahungu and Helene Spilling were sent home from “Skal vi danse” – before the counter-message came on Sunday.
Several TV viewers had experienced voice problems during the dance duel between Kahungu and Michael Andreassen, and TV 2 later found out that the capacity of the voice system was blown up. Thus, Kahungu had to keep his place in the competition, and on Saturday two celebrities have to leave.
The theme for Saturday’s live broadcast is “the celebrities’ choice”, and it is the celebrities themselves who get to choose both dance style and song.
On that occasion, Marte Bratberg (31) will dance a modern dance where she wants to bring out the emotional roller coaster dance competition that has proven to be for her.
Read also: Host Piers Morgan is known for hanging out celebrities. Now it’s the son’s turn
– Extremely much emotion
Bratberg tells Nettavisen that she and her dance partner, Benjamin Jayakoddy, want to convey how they go through both ups and downs through the dance on Saturday.
She herself describes their relationship as a sibling relationship.
– Benjamin is like an extra brother, and we are together all the time, so it’s quickly he I get annoyed at when things are tough, and at the same time he I get support and hugs from. So I hope we manage to bring out the emotional journey, she says.
Read also: Full clinch among the “Farm” participants: – They created a twisted performance of me
She herself has been allowed to choose the song they will dance to, “Still Don’t Know My Name” by Labrinth, known from the TV series “Euphoria”.
Bratberg makes no secret of the fact that the “Shall we dance” experience has been more intense than she imagined.
– It may be naive, but I thought it would be most fun. And it’s a lot of fun, but it’s also extremely emotional. You train so sick a lot and are so tired, and then you get very emotional. It goes in one, and the emotions are very outside the body. So I have noticed that I am more fragile than usual, says the 31-year-old.
Struggling with sleep
The host has a theory that the whole experience will probably be more intense considering the corona situation.
It is in fact very strict what the celebrities are allowed to do outside of the dance training with regard to infection control, and for Bratberg’s part she is allowed to go to work in “Good evening Norway” and spend time with her cohabitant. Beyond this, it only goes in dance.
Read also: This is how the “Shall we dance” girlfriends deal with jealousy
– All of the feedback from the judges and own experiences from the broadcasts are very solid, and I think maybe it’s because we have no gathering after the broadcasts where we get a little blown out, are together, laugh and put it behind us. We just go home, and then you sit fast and grind more on it.
– I struggle hard to sleep both night to Saturday and night to Sunday. And I think it probably has something to do with the fact that we do not get that blowout. We’re not allowed to hug anyone who even breaks out, and that’s absolutely awful. So you probably linger a little longer than usual on things as it is now, she adds.
Two celebrities have to go out
On Saturday, as mentioned, there are two couples who break out, something Bratberg thinks is nerve-wracking.
– I’m really looking forward to it, and I like the dance very much, so I hope it comes out properly during the broadcast. But I feel in my body that two are going home today. We were in second place on the judges’ points list last time, and still ended up among the three who were in danger. That says a lot about how much the viewers’ voices have to say, so anything can happen tonight, she says excitedly.
Read also: Durek Verrett pays tribute to his girlfriend and Norway: – I love being here
Last week, she felt relatively calm backstage due to the good points from the judges, and really felt her nerves when she was in danger of having to go through a dance duel.
– I even forgot to use the three free votes on myself, she says and laughs.
On Saturday, however, she hopes that both the judges and the TV viewers like what she and Jayakoddy have worked on.
– I am very grateful that I am still with, and appreciate so much everyone who votes for us. Even though it is tough at times, I want to be with as far as possible, says Bratberg.