Introduction video for the Sony Spatial Reality Display Originally unveiled at CES in the US in January this year, the technology is known as an “eye-sensitive light field screen”. It does not require the user to wear specific virtual reality glasses or headsets and only uses technology that uses eye tracking to render realistic 3D objects.
Sony Electronics has announced the debut of an innovative new product made with Sony’s eye detection light field (ELFD) technology – “Sony Spatial Reality Display” – SR Display.
Originally unveiled at CES in the US in January this year, the technology is known as an “eye-sensitive light field screen”. It does not require the user to wear specific virtual reality glasses or headsets and only uses technology that uses eye tracking to render realistic 3D objects. THE Sony Spatial Reality Display consists of a 15.6-inch 4K LCD with a high-speed vision sensor that tracks eye movement and position as it moves on the screen and a micro-optical lens, located above the LCD, that separates the left and right eyes on multiple screens to create stereoscopic images.
SR Display uses state-of-the-art digitally constructed real-time image algorithms, so it requires a powerful PC with at least an Intel Core i7 processor and NVIDIA RTX 2070 Superclass GPU.
SR Display allows creators ranging from automotive and industrial design to computer graphics (CG) and visual effects (VFX), as well as film creators, to bring their ideas to life in an impressive 3D display.
In terms of price, the price of the Sony SR screen is $ 4,999.99. This equipment will be available at the Sony Store and other stores in November.
Sony space reality screen specifications
- Dimension: Approx. 15.125 x 9.25 x 9.125 ″ (383 x 232 x 231 mm), 15.125 x 9.25 x 9.75 ″ (383 x 232 x 247 mm) (where accessories are included)
- Weight with optional parts: Approx. 10.8 lb (4.9 kg) (including accessories)
- Weight without optional parts: Approx. 10.2 lb (4.6 kg)
- High-speed vision sensor: vision sensor with integrated eye sensor
- Viewing distance: 30 cm – 75 cm
- Viewing angle: up 20 degrees, down 40 degrees, left and right 25 degrees2
- Number of users at a time: 1
- Screen luminance: 500 nits
- Contrast: 1400: 1
- Gamut: Adobe RGB aprox. 100%
- Color temperature: 6500K
- Panel resolution: 3,840 pixels x 2,160 pixels4
- colunas: 5.5W (1.5W + 1.5W + 2.5W)
- Connectivity: HDMI INPUT 1,
- Terminal de controlo: 1 (USB 3.2 Gen1 Type-C)
- POWER: DC IN: 12V 2.0A
- Energy and energy saving: Power consumption (in operation) – 24 W, power consumption (in standby) – 0.5 W
- Illumination: 100 lux – 1,000 lux
- Temperatura: 32–104 ° F (0–40 ° C)
- Humidity: 20-80% (non-condensing)
- Supported game engines: UNITY – 2019.4 (recommended), 2018.4, 2020.1, Unreal Engine 4 – 4.25 (recommended), 4.24
- What’s in the box: AC adapter (1), power cable (1), USB Type-C, cable (1), HDMI cable (1), warranty card (1), instruction manual (1), panels side (2) (left and right), top flange (1), bottom support (1), cleaning cloth (1)
Source 1, Source 2, Through