After days of gray weather and buckets of precipitation in some places, the autumn sun will shine again over southern Norway next week.
– It will be great, says on-duty meteorologist Kristian Gislefoss at the Meteorological Institute to Dagbladet.
The good weather forecast extends all the way to next weekend.
– Just fine weather
The westerners are the best off.
– There will probably be at least clouds in Western Norway, but also Southern and Eastern Norway will have beautiful weather, says Gislefoss.
Apart from the possibility of precipitation at the far end of the coast of Sørlandet on Monday and Tuesday, it looks like it will be a dry and clear week in the whole of southern Norway.
– Otherwise it is just fine weather to report. All in all, I think it will be a very nice autumn week in many places.
But it will not be hot.
– It will be 10-12 degrees. Nordavind means that it will not be quite as hot, and in the inner areas there will be a great chance of night frost in some places.
Danger of snow in the north
In northern Norway, October has so far offered unusually high temperatures, according to meteorologists. But this week it will turn around.
– From Trøndelag and north it will be a little more varied, with rain and rain showers. Trøndelag is likely to have a few days with slightly better weather, while further north it will unfortunately be many gray weather days, Gislefoss says.
A danger warning has been issued for the mountain in #Finnmark. From Monday evening to Tuesday evening there is a risk of snow in the outer areas of Finnmark over approx. 300-400 meters, at the same time as there is a risk of night frost. It can thus be difficult driving conditions at some mountain passes 🚘 pic.twitter.com/IIocBuOmm1
– The Meteorologists (@Meteorologists) October 11, 2020
In Finnmark, a warning for snow has been issued from Monday evening to Tuesday evening. The forecast applies to outer areas over approximately 300 to 400 meters.
– It will be a fairly low snow limit, says Gislefoss.
At the same time, it warns of night frost and difficult driving conditions at mountain passes.
– The temperatures will be so low that you will not be very high before the precipitation comes as snow, because there will not be too many degrees in Troms and Finnmark, I think.
According to the meteorologist, it is possible that the snow that comes to the week may remain.