On Thursday night, artist John Legend dedicated his performance of the song “Never Break” to his wife Chrissy Teigen. The two recently lost their unborn child.
– This is for Chrissy, the star said before he began the performance of the song, which contains the phrase “we will never let ourselves be broken”, during the Billboard Awards.
Star couple Chrissy Teigen and John Legend recently told that they are in mourning after losing his future son halfway through pregnancy.
«We are in shock and in the kind of deep grief you only hear about, the kind of pain we have never felt before. We were never able to stop the bleeding and give our baby the nutrition it needed, despite blood transfusion upon blood transfusion. It just wasn’t enough», Teigen wrote on Twitter, and shared a picture of himself crying on the hospital bed.
– John, that was lovely. I send love to you and Chrissy, said host Kelly Clarkson after Legends’ performance, which was pre-recorded due to the corona pandemic.
Post Malone big winner
However, several stars were physically present in an audience-plot Dolby Theater in Los Angeles during the award ceremony, writes AP.
The big winner of the night was Post Malone, who ran away with nine of the 16 awards he was nominated for.
– I am overwhelmed by all the love everyone has shown me. This means a lot to me and everyone involved because we work our butts off, he said from the stage when he accepted the most generous award, artist of the year.
Billie Eilish (18) was nominated for as many as twelve awards, and ran away with two: Best Female Artist and Top Billboard 200 record.
– Many thanks to all the women who have taken the lead and paved the way for me. I love you, she said when she, wearing a face mask, won the award for best female artist.
Billie Eilish (18) with historical Grammy: – Sorry
She also made an appeal to TV viewers:
– Please vote, please use a bandage, and please wash your hands. Stay safe all of you.
Lil Nas X was also present, and received an award for the song “Old Town Road”, which has been at the top of the top 100 list for most weeks the previous year.
In addition to John Legend, Post Malone, Alicia Keys, Swae Lee, Kane Brown, Khalid, Sia, Brandy and host Kelly Clarkson performed, writes AP. K-pop star BTS is also expected to perform.
The latter sang the song “Higher Love” by Steve Winwood, which recently became a hit after Norwegian Kygo breathed life into the late Whitney Houston’s version of it.
The award ceremony was supposed to take place in April, but was postponed due to the corona pandemic.