Around 150 volunteers participated in the search for 36-year-old Jarle Håvard Nikøy from Askvoll.
The Askvoll man was reported missing on Thursday afternoon when he did not return home from crab fishing.
Major resources have been sought for the man since he was reported missing.
On Saturday, the police will go out with the name of the 36-year-old in consultation with relatives. It was the newspaper Firda that first reported the case.
End as a rescue operation
On Friday night, the search for the missing man was ended as a rescue operation. Then it had been searched in Stongfjorden, north to the opening of Førdefjorden and to Florø. In addition, a search was made of islets and reefs on the north side of Atløy.
– The search has continued in the same form today, even though we are in a different phase, says Åge Løseth in the West police district.
Around 150 volunteer crews and more than 30 boats took part in the search on Saturday. In addition, a beach search has been carried out.
– We are deeply grateful to the volunteers who participated in the search. Just take off your hat. This would not have been possible without them.
People who can not contribute by boat, contribute hot food and drink, says Løseth.
Search operation for missing man in Askvoll: – Have searched all night
Hold on Sunday
Løseth said that the search for the missing person will continue on Sunday.
– Then we also get an anchor handling vessel from the company DOF management, the company it lacked work for.
The company provides modern submarine equipment.
– They provide this equipment for free. It is a significant strength for us.