(Leeds-Leicester 1-4) The league champion from 2015/16 is suddenly in 2nd place in the table. Ring fox Jamie Vardy (33) was involved in three goals when Leeds were beaten on Monday night.
Leicester have only Liverpool ahead of them in the Premier League table after seven games played.
After the sensational league gold in 2015/16, Leicester has become number 12, 9, 9 and 5 in the following seasons.
Now Leicester have reached their level one “pers” from 2000/01 with 15 points in the first seven games.
– This was Jamie Vardy’s masterclass, Chris Sutton stated as an expert on BBC Radio.
– Jamie Vardy shows that he is both a great goal scorer and a great team player, teammate Harvey Barnes said in an interview with the BBC.
Vardy was injured against Aston Villa (0-1 loss), but came in the last 30 minutes against Arsenal and scored the winning goal there.
We followed the match live
Bale decided with his first Tottenham goal in seven years
Against Leeds on Monday night, he served Harvey Barnes after only 1.59 minutes – and 1-0 to the guests.
– Vardy has eyes in her neck, Brede Hangeland smiled in TV 2 studio.
The score came 19 seconds after Patrick Bamford had a mega chance to give Leeds the lead, but the header went straight to Kasper Schmeichel.
Then Jamie Vardy fell head over heels after 20 minutes. Leeds goalkeeper Illan Meslier had to give back, and Youri Tielemans picked up the fallout and increased to 2-0 for Leicester.
Pogba ruined the anniversary for Solskjær – Arsenal won 1-0: – I can not give away a penalty that way
– Vardy is so hungry and so sharp, stated TV 2’s Premier League expert Trevor Morley.
The 33-year-old was not content with that. After Leeds had pressed and pressed without getting more than one reduction, Vardy punctured the match when he himself made it 3-1 after preparation by substitutes James Maddison and Cengiz Ünder.
Vardy scored 24 goals in the gold season and has since scored 13, 20, 18 and 23 goals in the league. In 2020/21, he has seven goals so far. In Monday’s match, he was first the organizer, then the goal scorer.
– Jamie has gotten better and wiser over the years. He does not waste energy by running to the corner flags. He runs in the finish line. He does not give the defenders a second’s rest, said former Leeds player Jermaine Beckford on BBC Radio.
This was Leicester’s fourth straight away win. All Vardy goals have been lost.
The substitutes saved Liverpool: 2-1 over West Ham and breaking the Anfield record
– Leeds is its own enemy. A stopper couple who are out driving. When you know that it is soft and difficult conditions, then you must not take risks, said TV 2 expert Hangeland during the break.
– You have to take the consequence of the track conditions.
Leeds held the ball, with a clear 65 percent of possession. Typically, the consolation goal came when Stuart Dallas put in the Leicester field, but the ball went past everyone – and also fooled goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel.
– We defended poorly the first half hour and after that we did not create enough chances, said Leeds boss Marcelo Bielsa – and took the blame for it.
In the end, Leicester received a VAR penalty after James Maddison was fouled by Mateusz Klich. Youri Tielemans did not leave the Leeds goalkeeper a chance: 4-1. This means that Leicester has an impressive goal difference: 17-9.
- Champions League
- European League