With the arrival of Black Friday this Friday, 27, it is important to reinforce care when making purchases. Procon-SC, a board of directors of the State Secretariat for Sustainable Economic Development (SDE), and the Metrology Institute (Imetro) of Santa Catarina released tips and guidelines for safe purchases.
Procon has prepared a series of tips to reassure and guide consumers, in order to avoid fraud or damage customers.
The first tip is to research well, to avoid buying in stores that raise prices in advance and then offer the discount. If prices increase, they will have to be justified by the establishments.
“If fraud is found, for violating the Consumer Protection Code, the company may be fined for misleading advertising, in addition to non-compliance with the offer and price increase without justification,” explained the agency’s director, Tiago Silva.
It is important to remember that Procon / SC will be more efficient with the help of the consumer. If you catch any type of fraud or misleading advertising, the citizen must attend Procon, taking personal documents and one that proves the fraud, be it an invoice or image, to open a complaint. It is also possible to make a complaint on the website www.consumidor.gov.br.
Check out the tips:
– Before Black Friday, follow the prices of the products / services you want to purchase, note prices and save your survey information (screens, brochures), including website and survey date. So, if there is fraud, you will have to prove it;
– Be careful with purchases from foreign sites, the rules of the Consumer Code do not apply if the site has no representatives in Brazil;
– Always consult the official store page;
– Check the supplier’s reputation;
– The consumer who purchases via the Internet or telephone will be entitled to a period of repentance, which is seven days from the delivery of the product. In this case, the consumer can return the product and receive the money back.
No company is obliged to make the exchange if there is no damage to the product. Therefore, check the store’s exchange policy in advance.
Imetro Guidelines for Black Friday
To contribute to the difficult task of the consumer in choosing a product, amid the countless promotions of Black Friday, Imetro de Santa Catarina gathers the main guidelines on the items most desired by Brazilians and which are regulated by Imetro.
Black Friday offers can be an excellent opportunity to buy what you need or to advance Christmas shopping. However, to make a good deal, in addition to the price, it is necessary to consider other aspects, such as security and energy efficiency.
“Peace of mind when buying and information is essential for the best choices. Acting in this way, the consumer avoids buying on impulse, and will be able to analyze whether the acquisition really pays off ”, guides Rudinei Floriano, president of Imetro-SC.
Check the guidelines:
– Security seal: 183 types of home appliances have the Inmetro seal, attesting that they have been assessed for security. This includes vacuum cleaners, hair clippers, dishwashers, mixers and food processors, among others.
– Energy efficiency label: among these appliances, some must also present the National Energy Conservation Label, informing about energy efficiency and energy consumption. Eg: refrigerators, televisions, etc.
– Noise Seal: the devices that make the most noise (blenders and dryers, for example) must have this seal on the packaging, informing the sound power in decibels and classifying the devices from 1 (quieter) to 5 (less silent).
Clothing and other textile products
Some information is mandatory:
– Manufacturer or importer data (name, company name or brand and CNPJ);
– Country of origin of the product;
– Textile composition (indication in percentage of the product’s mass);
– Care with conservation (symbols of washing, bleaching, drying, ironing and professional textile care);
– Indication of size or dimensions expressed in units of the International System (for example: millimeters, centimeters or meters).
This information must be placed permanently and indelibly in the middle of the textile product. That medium can be a label, seal, label, decal, stamp, stamping or the like.
– Inmetro’s conformity identification seal; age group the product is intended for; information about the content; and instructions for use, assembly and safety alerts.
Do you want to receive news directly on your cell phone? Click here and join the group WhatsApp of the newspaper
Do you prefer to be well informed by Telegram? The newspaper has a news channel there. Click here to join
*The article has been translated based on the content of Source link by https://omunicipioblumenau.com.br/black-friday-confira-dicas-e-orientacoes-para-compras-seguras/
. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!