Henrik Kristoffersen (26) chased the 22nd World Cup winner of his career and the first in a parallel race, but had to be beaten by Alexis Pinturault (29) in the final. Despite finishing second, he doubts he will run the practice at the World Cup in February.
The Norwegian has said early on clearly what he thinks about parallel races, but was far better satisfied with Friday’s race. The International Ski Federation (FIS) has taken several steps to make it both fairer and safer.
– Everyone knows my opinion about parallel from before, so I do not need to say anything about it. That “Pinten” and I become one and two shows that skiing has a lot to say, he says at a digital press conference with the Norwegian press after the race.
The exercise is also on the WC program as an individual exercise for the first time this year, but Kristoffersen doubts that he will participate.
– Probably not. We’ll see, but I doubt it. It is not me who decides everything, but I strongly doubt it, he says at the press conference.
Pinturault thunders against FIS – gets support from Henrik Kristoffersen
After beating Filip Zubcic, Stefan Luitz – who was the fastest in qualifying – and Adrian Pertl, he met the Frenchman Alexis Pinturault in the final.
– I’m happy. “Pinten” drove fast, and I was most happy to take Luitz, because he had been driving fast all day. Happy for podium and 80 points, is the summary to Kristoffersen.
Eleven hundredths separated the two rivals in the end.
It (the victory) will probably break out from the start in the first round. Then I think I was a little behind, Kristoffersen says when asked by VG.
With career best from the opening race in Sölden and tangent of career best in a parallel race, Kristoffersen has got a good start to the season. He is now in second place in the World Cup overall, but so far does not sacrifice many thoughts for the overall cup.
Henrik Kristoffersen copies Klæbo’s girlfriend grip: – She has to sit at home
– I see very little of that. You should be allowed to ask on March 20, because the last race is probably March 21, he says with a smile, before adding:
– There is a lot of uncertainty. Suddenly, two speed races are canceled, and then there is a lot of smoke for Kilde and Paris. Or it is suddenly two technical races that are canceled, he says, and points further to the Swedish women’s national team’s situation in Levi last week, where corona infection within the team led to them all having to stand over the two slalom races.
Kristoffersen has never before won a parallel race in the World Cup, with a second place from Alta Badia in 2017 as the best result on twelve previous attempts. Pinturault won a parallel race back in 2012, and the two runners got ready for a very exciting final.
Braathens Kristoffersen stings after the victory: – The goal is not as good a career as Henrik, but better
In the first of two rounds, it was the Frenchman who got off to the best start, finishing 16 hundredths ahead of the Norwegian.
Thus, the Frenchman had a small lead before the decisive round. Kristoffersen delivered a good final round and buttoned up, but had to see himself beaten by 11 hundredths in the end.
Lucas Braathen (number 18), Leif Kristian Nestvold-Haugen (number 21), Fabian Wilkens Solheim (number 34) and Rasmus Windingstad (number 35) failed to qualify for the knockout rounds, while Timon Haugan (number 13), Aleksander Aamodt Kilde (number 14) and Atle Lie McGrath (number 16) were all knocked out in the round of 16.
VG Discount Codes
A commercial collaboration with kickback.no
*The article has been translated based on the content of Source link by https://www.vg.no/sport/alpint/i/Ln3V6V/kristoffersen-tangerte-karrierebeste-men-tror-ikke-han-vil-kjoere-parallell-i-vm
. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!