In his last match for Arendal Football, Shariff Cham scored the goal in Saturday’s 1-0 victory against Vard Haugesund.
HAUGESUND: Arendal coach Roger Risholt was missing almost a whole eleven of players when he took the team to Haugesund. In order to have sufficient coverage, he had to set up both himself and goalkeeping coach Bjørge Fedje as possible substitutes.
But Arendal was not affected by all the decay. Those who were ready for battle showed an enormous mentality and gave absolutely everything in 95 minutes. Even if the team on paper had nothing to play for, all the time it would be fifth place in this year’s 2nd division division 2 regardless of match outcome.
Many came forward
There were many who stood out in this fight. For example:
* Keeper Leopold Wahlstedt showed why several top clubs have followed him this season. He delivered a flawless performance in his last match for Arendal. Among other things, he saved a penalty kick and several 100 percent chances where Vard came alone with him without scoring.
* All the regular midfielders were out with injuries or quarantine (yellow cards). But Peder Nersveen and Jakob Rasmussen stepped into the central defense and contributed greatly to Arendal keeping a clean sheet.
* Shariff Cham has decided to move back to Oslo after the season, but delivered a very good match in midfield. On top of it all, he also won the match when he headed in 1-0 after a corner, just before the break.
* Young Redon Pllana was for the first time in the starting lineup in a league match. He ran, dribbled, fumbled and tackled as if he should never have done anything else – and certainly got the confirmation he wanted that he fully takes the level in senior football already.
Many more individual performances could have been mentioned, but coach Roger Risholt still believes that it was not the individual players who were decisive for the match outcome.
– It is the mentality of the whole team that decides this match in our favor, he states.
– When the players put on the suit and there is a match, they have throughout the autumn shown that they are very strong mentally. And they give everything they have, across the board. They showed it in an entertaining and good match against Bryne at Norac Stadium last weekend, and we got to see it again in the match against Vard, says Risholt.
After taking over the main responsibility as a coach earlier this autumn, he now has five wins, three draws and one loss in nine games. There is a statistic he is very happy with:
– It is important for us that we have had a good end to the season. It provides a good starting point for the job to be done until next season. We will work really hard to further develop the mentality and character in the player pool. There will be some changes in the player group, and we will also be concerned that the players who come in have the fighting mentality we saw against Vard, and we will have the same mentality on the training field.
When the season is now over, it will be a holiday for the players. But the coaching staff can not take time off, because there is still a lot left in the composition of the squad for 2021. In addition to the processes with the players in the current squad to be concluded, work must also be done with several new signings.
– We hope to have more new signings in the box already next week, says Roger Risholt.
See Vard Hageusund’s team in match facts here
Do you want to write for Lokalsporten?
Rune Stensland, Fædrelandsvennen’s product manager for Lokalsporten, welcomes contributions from new writers. Contact Rune directly on 975 97 785
*The article has been translated based on the content of Source link by https://www.fvn.no/sport/lokalsporten/i/PRgXbp/matchvinner-i-sin-siste-arendal-kamp
. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!