On the night before Sunday, there was a landslide across the road on county road 61, east of Sulesund ferry quay, Sunnmørsposten reported.
– There are geologists and construction managers on site, says traffic operator Pål Olufsen at the Norwegian Public Roads Administration to NTB on Sunday morning.
It is currently unknown when the road will be reopened.
– An extra ferry has been installed from Solavågen to Hareid, which also passes Sulesund, says Olufsen.
Helicopter inspection Monday
Further south, in Stryn municipality, the county road at Oldedalen is still closed after a major landslide on Saturday morning.
The landslide was about 40 meters wide and started at an altitude of about 1,000 meters, says traffic operator Albert Sherington.
– A geologist will get on a helicopter on Monday and look at the site, he says to NTB.
Closed roads in the mountains
On Sunday morning, the mountain passes at Hardangervidda and Vikafjell are also closed, Vegtrafikksentralen vest informs on Twitter.
There is column driving on Haukelifjell and Hemsedal and warning of possible column driving on Filefjell.
There is also column driving on county road 50 between Hol and Aurland.
The Norwegian Public Roads Administration encourages those who plan to take the trip to be careful.
– Bring extra clothes and plenty of food. Make sure the car has enough power or fuel. The trip may take longer than planned, says traffic operator Jørgen Bødtker to NRK.
– There is generally poor visibility and difficult driving conditions, he warns.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Source link by https://www.abcnyheter.no/nyheter/norge/2020/11/22/195721546/veitrobbel-pa-vestlandet-og-pa-fjellovergangene
. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!