VG’s calculations now show that Norway has a declining infection trend. This indicates that national and local infection measures have an effect, says assistant health director Espen Rostrup Nakstad.
A total of 34,748 people have been registered infected in Norway. In the last 24 hours, 480 new cases of infection have been reported on a national basis.
This is 20 cases less than the average per day in the last week, which is 500.
The number of new cases of infection has recently decreased: On Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, 418, 534 and 551 cases were registered.
VG’s trend calculation thus shows that Norway now, for the first time since a single day on 19 August, has a declining infection trend.
– It is good news for all of us at a time when we are tired of the whole pandemic and the infection control measures we live with every day. I hope it gives us motivation to continue so that we get the infection down more before it goes towards Christmas and winter, says assistant health director Espen Rostrup Nakstad to VG.
According to Nakstad, the declining trend of infection means first and foremost that what everyone does to limit social contacts and follow other basic infection control rules has an effect.
– Why is the trend declining now?
– A number of infection control measures have been implemented in recent weeks, both nationally and in the largest cities. This has obviously had an effect, says Nakstad.
Also read: Extends social closure in Oslo
He believes that the numbers will continue to fall if everyone continues to follow the infection control rules. Still, there is reason to be cautious.
– Situation is still very vulnerable. It does not take long before the arrows can point upwards again, warns Nakstad.
Therefore, it is very important that we endure a few more weeks with the extra infection control measures that were introduced earlier in November, he believes.
– In addition, we must of course continue to do the most important thing – namely stay at home when we are sick and test ourselves for new symptoms. Then we can take many steps in the right direction, says Nakstad.
Despite the fact that the infection trend at the national level is now seen as declining, 25 municipalities still have a rising infection trend.
VG Discount Codes
A commercial collaboration with kickback.no
*The article has been translated based on the content of Source link by https://www.vg.no/nyheter/innenriks/i/x3lBBG/norge-har-naa-en-synkende-smittetrend-situasjonen-er-fortsatt-veldig-saarbar
. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!