O Ministry of Health announced this Tuesday (4/2) that the number of suspicious cases in coronavirus at the Brazil fell from yesterday to today. According to the last report card released at a press conference, 13 suspected cases are investigated through the folder. One less than this Monday (03/2). Brazil continues without any case of the new virus confirmed within the country. The 13 suspects are being monitored in the following states: Rio de Janeiro (1), Santa Catarina (2), Rio Grande do Sul (4) and São Paulo (6).Another 16 cases were ruled out. Most of them (6) fit the diagnosis of Influenza B. Others were diagnosed as Influenza A, Rhinovirus and Adenovirus.
This Tuesday, the Minister of Health published in the Official Gazette of the Union the decree that decrees a state of public health emergency of national importance even without having confirmed cases in Brazil, as he had already predicted yesterday. Mandetta said the measure was taken for “administrative purposes”.
According to the text published in the DOU, the ordinance considers “the need to establish a response plan for this event” and also the need to establish a “strategy for accompanying nationals and foreigners who enter the country and who fall within the definitions of suspects and confirmed by the new coronavirus ”, says the text.
The Brazilian government confirmed last Sunday (02/2) that it will repatriate the Brazilians who are in the city of Wuhan, in China, epicenter of the new coronavirus. Among the cities considered as quarantine sites for these Brazilians is Anápolis (GO). According to the Minister of Health, Luiz Henrique Mandetta, one of the positive points of the military base in the city of Goiás would be the proximity to the Hospital das Forças Armadas (HFA), in Brasília. It is speculated that the HFA may receive patients with symptoms from Wuhan, if necessary.