The title of Palmeiras in the Copa Libertadores brings glory, fat prizes to the coffers and also a full calendar ahead.
Palmeiras, now owner of America, will have three competitions until the beginning of March: Club World Cup, Qatar, Brazilian Championship and Brazil Cup. In total, Abel Ferreira’s team can have up to ten games to play in these tournaments.
This number should increase to 12, as there are still two dates to be defined: the games of the Recopa Sul-Americana against Defensa y Justicia, champion of the Copa Sudamericana.
Verdão will barely have time to celebrate the title: Tuesday is the day to face Botafogo, at 4 pm (Brasília time), for the 33rd round of the Brasileirão. Then, the squad embarks for Qatar, where they compete in the World Cup and can have up to two matches, semifinal (against the Tigers vs. Ulsan winner) and the final.
Palmeiras celebrates the Libertadores title – Photo: Andre Durão
On their return, Palmeiras will still have five more rounds of the Brasileirão and the finals of the Brazil Cup against Grêmio, already relocated to February 28 and March 7, two Sundays.
Some of the games of the final rounds of the Brasileirão will still have dates announced by CBF.
See the remaining Palmeiras games below:
- 2/2 – Palmeiras x Botafogo – Brasileirão (round 33)
- 7/2 – Palmeiras x Tigres or Ulsan – Club World Cup (semifinal)
- 11/2 * – Club World Cup Final
- Undated – Palmeiras x Fortaleza – Brasileirão (round 36)
- 17/2 – Coritiba v Palmeiras – Brasileirão (round 35)
- 19/2 – São Paulo v Palmeiras – Brasileirão (round 34)
- 21/2 – Palmeiras vs Atlético-GO – Brasileirão (round 37)
- 24/2 – Atlético-MG x Palmeiras – Brasileirão (round 38)
- 28/2 – Grêmio x Palmeiras – Copa do Brasil (final / one way)
- 7/3 – Palmeiras x Grêmio – Copa do Brasil (final / lap)
* If you advance in the semifinals