Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 development kit The development kit measures 100 x 85 mm and features the Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 processor, which includes a powerful Cortex-X1 core up to 2.84 GHz, three Cortex-A78 cores and four Cortex-A55 cores from low power consumption and an Adreno 660 processor video card.
Lantronix has partnered with Qualcomm to launch the first single-board development kit based on FlagShip Qualcomm Snapdragon 888, designed to help programmers create a variety of smart devices.
The development kit measures 100 x 85 mm and features the Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 processor, which includes a powerful Cortex-X1 core up to 2.84 GHz, three Cortex-A78 cores and four low-power Cortex-A55 cores and a video card Adreno 660 processor.
The development kit specifications do not mention smartphone support, but speak of adapting Gigabit Ethernet, Wi-Fi 6 (802.11 a / b / g / n / ac / ax) and Bluetooth 5.1 and NFC modules.
In terms of storage, the development kit comes with 12 GB of LPDDR5 RAM and 256 GB of UFS 3.0 flash memory, and an optional microSD card that can be installed. In terms of ports, there are two M.2 ports, a standard 3.5 mm audio connector, two USB 3.0 ports and a USB 3.1 Type C port and an HDMI 2.0 port for image output.
Note that the development kit comes with a 6.65 inch (2340 x 1080 pixels) AMOLED WQHD touchscreen. In addition, programmers will be able to purchase an additional front camera module with a 20MP sensor and ToF sensor, and a rear camera module with 48MP, 16MP and 13MP components and a ToF sensor. The Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 development kit will cost $ 1,349 and will be delivered in early February.
Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 development kit features:
- Qualcomm Kryo 680 CPU enables 25% higher performance and incredible energy efficiency
- Qualcomm Adreno 660 GPU delivers 35% faster digitally constructed graphics
- 6th generation Qualcomm artificial intelligence (AI) engine with Qualcomm Hexagon 780 processor
- Capture foto burst de 120 FPS a 12 MP
- First 4K HDR with computational HDR video capture
- World’s first CAI-compatible camera – ensure image security and validity
- Qualcomm Spectra 580 ISP, 35% faster than the previous generation with 2.7 Gigapixel per second processing and 12 MP burst photo capture at 120 fps
- Qualcomm Snapdragon Elite Gaming including Variable Rate Shading (VRS) provides up to 30% performance improvement for richer gaming worlds. Qualcomm Game Quick Touch increases responsiveness by up to 20%
- Qualcomm Aqstic smart speaker amplifier
- Qualcomm Wi-Fi 6E mobile platform
Related: Biden government leaves open to lift sanctions on Huawei
Connectors, ports and accessories available with the Snapdragon 888 mobile HDK include:
- Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax), 802.11ac Wave 2, 802.11a / b / g / n
- Gigabit Ethernet
- Bluetooth 5.1
- Reserved NFC board connector
- Interfaces I / O
- 2x M.2
- 1x USB 3.1 Type C and 2x USB 3.0 Type A
- DisplayPort sobre USB 3.1 Type-C
- 1x USB 2.0 micro-B (UART)
- 1 Micro SD / UFS card
- 2x 4-track MIPI DSI
- 6x MIPI CSI with support for 3D camera configuration
- 1 HDMI 2.0 output
- Sensor input / output
- Audio input / output
- Optional accessories
- display and expansion card: 6.65 ”(2340 × 1080) AMOLED screen with capacitive touch panel
- 16 MP + 48 MP + 13 MP rear camera
Source 1, Source 2