In several seasons of ” The Farm” and ” The Farm Celebrity”, the ups and downs, intrigues and progressions have been conveyed by a strong narrator’s voice. In the regular version of ” The Farm”, this has been presented by one of Norway’s foremost actors, Erik Hivju (73).
In “Farmen kjendis” there is now a new narrator, namely Scott Maurstad (32).
Maurstad, who is the son of the famous actor Mari Maurstad (63) and the musician Aage Kvalbein (73), is well known for conveying text in various programs.
Maurstad, who has worked as a voice actor since 1994, has had the Norwegian voice for a number of roles over the years. He has also directed several Norwegian versions of films, including for Disney, Sony and Universal.
A great honor
This is Maurstad’s first season as a narrator in «Farmen kjendis». The experienced 32-year-old, who has worked with voicing for a long time, admits to Se og Hør that this is his first, major presenter voice.
– Honestly, I do not know how they found me, you have to have a very special voice to do such jobs. But I am very happy, this is my first big voice job that I have done, he says.
The famous dubber sees it as a great honor to be in the same catalog as the famous narrator, Erik Hivju, but says himself that he does not try to imitate the actor in any way.
– If I were to try to be Erik, it would probably have been too big shoes to fill, he says.
Thumbs up from mom
Maurstad, who comes from a family with several actors, says that at times it has been difficult to have an overview of what everyone in the family is involved in. It even came as a surprise when his brother, Aslak Maurstad (28), was seen in the popular series «Basic Bitch».
When See and Hear asks the 32-year-old if his mother has congratulated him on the job, Maurstad smiles.
– She has probably just pointed it out and asked if it is me. “Yes,” I replied, then it was thumbs up and that was it. It’s probably a little difficult to keep up with what everyone is doing, at all times, laughs the voice actor.
Several in the family have also had many well-known Norwegian voices, including in several cartoons. The star actress Mari Maurstad has had the voice of, among others, Scars spot hyenas under Shenzi in ” The Lion King”, and the characters Ole, Dole, Doffen.
But the latter characters, Ole, Dole and Doffen, have now been taken over by Maurstad and his two brothers, Aslak (28) and Stinius (27). Now the whole family is also on the new version of “Ducktales”, where the mother has the voice of Dolly Duck.
Although the 32-year-old expresses that he likes to hear himself on screen, he admits to See and Hear that he has an even bigger dream.
– I have a secret assignment to try to become such a celebrity that I can join “Farmen kjendis” myself. I really want to, he says.
Maurstad further says that he has developed a great love for the program over the years, and that he follows every week.
The 32-year-old describes the “Farm” dream as one of his biggest dreams. It is actually so big that he has even tipped the production about the great desire.
– I have actually sent in to those who work with the “voice” and said: “Hi hey, I would like to join if you do not get any A-celebrities more, then I can always ask”, he says.
Maurstad adds that he has loved the experience the program has given him and that he would like to have the narrator’s voice in several such series in the future.
The voice actor, who has never had a job other than that, says that he has had great pleasure in being able to make a living from the profession – which unfortunately not everyone is equally lucky to have the opportunity to.
– It has been my everyday life, I have never had anything else. I have been lucky to have only been able to do this. But I’m one hundred percent freelancer, so I’m extremely dependent on the phone ringing every week. Fortunately, it has now done so in recent years, says Maurstad.
Although the 32-year-old loves the profession, he also says that the job can present its challenges.
– It is a very lonely profession, because you are almost only in the studio – one at a time. We never play against each other, Maurstad concludes.
ALSO READ: Influencers (35) shot and killed